Re: Validator 0.8.0-beta

Hi Ville!

Am 22.05.2007 um 23:44 schrieb Ville Skyttä:

> On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Sierk Bornemann wrote:
>
>> I don't know, from where validator's check script has got the
>> information, on my system would be installed CGI version 2.80.
>> Without activating the mod_perl/MODPERL2-related stuff in httpd.conf,
>> validator's check script seems to work properly.
>>
>> Any hints or explanations, what's going wrong there run under
>> mod_perl?
>
> Not really, but you could try removing the "2.81" from the "use
> CGI" line and
> add something like this in the BEGIN section of the check script
> and go
> through the dirs it prints to the Apache error log to see if
> there's an old
> CGI.pm lying around in some of them:
>
> warn join("\n", @INC);

So I did, and the error message then has changed into:
"Can't locate object method "new" via package "File::Temp" at /usr/
lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/SGML/Parser/
OpenSP.pm line 65."

I just have looked into the directories, the proposed code snipped
above put out into the Apache error log -- and you know what?
There indeed have been lying around some older modules of CGI.pm and
File::Temp.pm in my filesystem! I have also locally installed Movable
Type (newest version), my blogging software, and this MT installation
provided these older perl modules.
Since I have copied my newer modules from my system's perl directory
into the local install directory of Movable Type, the validator check
script now also runs with mod_perl enabled. :-)

Thanks Ville for this needful hint and help! I am very happy about
it :-)

Sierk
--
Sierk Bornemann