Problem with XHTML document encryption and validation

From: Padmaparna Banerjee <pbanerjee@TechMahindra.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:54:05 +0530
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

I am just learning up XHTML coding from the www.w3schools.com
<http://www.w3schools.com/>  site

The steps that I have undertaken to create the first XHTML document are
as follows:

I typed out the entire text in <NOTEPAD> of WINDOWS as follows:

1.                  !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC

2.                  "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

3.                  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"

4.                  <html>

5.                  <head>

6.                  <title> Simple Document </title>

7.                  </head>

8.                  <body>

9.                  <p> a simple paragraph </p>

10.              </body>

11.              </html>

Then I saved the file as x1.html

When I directly open the file it is opening in the Internet Explorer
browser and the URL is displaying the following file path:

C:\Documents and Settings\pb0C7364\Desktop\javascript tutorials\x1.html

The Problems with this are as follows :

a.	the browser window is also displaying the DTD definition:

b.	I am unable to validate the file

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were
checking. :The address of the document I am checking is : C:\Documents
and Settings\pb0C7364\Desktop\javascript tutorials\x1.html

Please help me with this.

With thanks and warm regards

Padmaparna Banerjee

(image/jpeg attachment: image002.jpg)