Re: checklink Distribution

On Wednesday 16 May 2007, KATIA SAVOIE wrote:

> I'm trying to use the Link Checker inside my organisation, because we want
> to see if we have broken links on our intranet, and I have a small problem.
[...]
> But it seams that my Perl Package Manager cannot find the
> W3C-LinkChecker-4..3.  My question is this, is it still available.    I
> event try to downloading it to my computer and getting it directly from
> there, it still doesn't see it.

It's not clear to me which perl package manager (CPAN?) you tried to install
it with, but there are some known problems with the CPAN packaging of the
link checker, and there are some ideas how could possibly be fixed in future
(hopefully not too distant) releases.

But on the other hand you don't have to use any package manager to install
it - since you have all the prerequisite packages installed, it should be
possible just to unpack the tarball and run bin/checklink from there or to
copy it into the cgi-bin or equivalent directory of your webserver and point
a browser at it in case you want to use its web interface.