Re: Failed validation, 0 error

Timmy Brolin wrote:

> Anyone?

> The SVG file validates just fine as "SVG 1.1".
> When I try to validate it as "SVG 1.1 Basic" I get no errors, but the
> validator claims that it is not a valid SVG Basic 1.1 file.
> I really think this is a problem in the validator.

> http://brolin.mine.nu/lego/misc/ethercat.svg

Check out http://validator-test.w3.org/check - it reports 120 errors:

1. Line 74, Column 21: duplicate definition of attribute "xml:space".

                <mpath xlink:href="#datapath" />

2. Line 77, Column 53: content model is ambiguous: when no tokens have
   been matched, both the 1st and 2nd occurrences of "animate" are
possible.

        <rect x="-4" y="-10" width="8" height="20" fill="pink"
stroke="black">

After that error 3 up to 121 are the same as the second error.  That
could be a double fault, the old validator shouldn't stay into what's
apparently a dead loop, and the new validator could also give up
earlier (120 is apparently a hardwired limit).  Something with the
DTD might be really broken.  With...

<!DOCTYPE svg SYSTEM
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11-basic.dtd">

...I get the same effect, it's no issue in the validator's SGML lib.

Frank