Re: Transitional validation Problem

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Hamish wrote:

> I have been trying to work out what's wrong with the following Document type

It is stupid!
If you want XHTML 1.0 (for new pages), then use XHTML 1.0 Strict.
If you need Transitional (for old pages), then stick with
HTML 4 Transitional.

XHTML 1.0 Transitional is a clueless-indicator.

The real difference is between "Strict" and "Transitional",
not between HTML 4 and XHTML 1.0. You should make an effort
to write "Strict" pages: HTML 4 Strict or XHTML 1.0 Strict.

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author:Alan.J.Flavell