Re: Beta validator(s)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

>> What's the difference between
>>    http://validator-test.w3.org/
>>    http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/  ?
>
> The former is a snapshot of the code at the time the 0.8.0b2 beta test
> was started (plus a couple of minor changes I synced since then), and is
> a special instance for beta testing.
> The latter is our development version (qa-dev being our development
> playground for a number of tools), always running, always having the
> very latest code from our CVS repository, and sometimes broken.

So the different error reports on checking

  http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/offset

are caused by different computers/operating systems.
Note especially that qa-dev.w3.org gives different error reports
for the paragraphs with "period" and "multiplication sign"
and for those with "degree sign" and "middle dot".

What will happen when Markup Validator 0.8 is transferred to
validator.w3.org ?