Re: JavaScript effect problems in 0.8.0 beta 2

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:36:42 +0300
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Friday 15 June 2007, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2007, at 06:15 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > The JavaScript GUI effects introduced in beta 2 appear to work very
> > unreliably
> > for me with Firefox 1.5.0.12 on Linux (Fedora Core 6, x86_64).  The
> > symptoms
> > are that all "transition" type effects appear to abort prematurely
> > very
> > often.
>
> Ville, can you try with:
> http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/
> ?

I no longer have the previous setup I experienced the above with, but I did
try with another Firefox 1.5.0.12 over a somewhat sluggish remote X
connection.

It does look better, however I no longer see the "smooth" effects at all (I'm
not saying that's a bad thing ;)), so I can't say for sure if it's fixed or
if I just don't see that stuff because of the slowish display updates with
this connection.  But nothing aborted halfway through like it used to.

> > Another comment about the tabs: I find it somewhat backwards that when
> > hovering over them, their colors go "dimmer" towards gray, ie.
> > towards to
> > what looks like a disabled control/link.  I would expect them to be
> > highlighted, ie. made more prominent when hovering, not the opposite.
>
> Agreed, and done. Does this look better?
> (same URI as above)

Yes, I like that better.  Thanks.