Re: Feed Validator service bugs

hi Ryan,

On Jun 14, 2007, at 13:23 , ryan wrote:
> Here's an example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:base="http://
> example.com/a01-simple.html">
[...]

Looks like the feedvalidator didn't like having to validate xml:base
values when it can't figure the base URI for the whole document
(since doesn't have any in the case of direct input). I patched that,
the example you gave seems to be validating nicely now, it seems.

I'll be sending my patch to the feedvalidator folks - I know that the
direct input method is not officially supported by them but I hope
they'll accept it.

> * http://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/ references "Atom 1.1". AFAIK,
> there is no such thing. There's Atom 1.0 (aka Atom Syndication) and
> there's draft 11 of the Atom Publishing Protocol, but those are
> different things.

I fixed that, too. And took the opportunity to update the
feedvalidator to its latest version.

Thanks a lot for the bug report. If you find anything, don't hesitate
to report it.

--
olivier