Re: www.validator.ca / www.validateur.ca

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:38:33 +0100
To: Marc-Antoine Ross <marc@proze.net>, www-validator@w3.org

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:25:55 -0400
Marc-Antoine Ross <marc@proze.net> wrote:

> 1/ Install the validator locally on our server and run it from there.
> A good advantage would be that each page will be read only once by
> the service compared to twice before (one by validator.ca and once by
> the W3C). Problem: I don't have anybody available to install the
> validator.

Whoever set up your original service should have no trouble setting
up a local validator, whether the W3C one or AN Other.

> 2/ Use another validation service: anybody interested?

For an appropriate fee, sure.  But if your traffic is enough to
bother the W3C server, then it's too much to service for free.

> 3/ Offer the code and my contribution to the W3C and make this
> service widely available and supported.

My guess is that the W3C wouldn't have very much use for your
code as a whole, though specific things may be of interest
(and french language support will add value). But of course
you can release it to the world at large.

Nick Kew