Re: Validator doesn't send HTTP_ACCEPT headers, "Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type" warning is incorrect.

On 31/07/07, Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 31.07.2007 um 15:49 schrieb Gez Lemon:
>
> > so you would
> > have to check something, otherwise you couldn't know.
>
> That's *exactly* what the discussion is about! :-)
> You do *need* an information to make or to provide decisions.

That's not been exactly what the discussion was about when I was
copied in. I was asked if the following is sane:

> * if accept headers present, and application/xhtml+xml not accepted,
> send text/html
> * else, send application/xhtml+xml

It is sane, and possible to do. The rest seems to be concerned with
encouraging the validator team to include an accept header, which I
don't feel strongly about one way or the other.

I hope you all come up with something that everyone involved in this
debate is happy with.

Cheers,

Gez

--