Re: Validator doesn't send HTTP_ACCEPT headers, "Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type" warning is incorrect.

Am 31.07.2007 um 14:55 schrieb Andreas Prilop:

>> I would be lucky, if I would have such rules for Apache's httpd.conf
>> to satisfy that. Because it seems to be very difficult to check that
>> way (application/xhtml+xml *not* accepted)
>
> It is very easy:
>
>    AddType   application/xhtml+xml;qs=0.95   xhtml

Easy said. But how does this function with generated output *without*
providing the content *twice*, either as .xhtml file and as .html file?
Hmm?

> Try with
>   http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation

I konw that method since sages, Andreas. And I also annotated
earlier, that I also use that method for some files.
For some single demonstration pages as yours, that way might be a
convenient method to distinguish.
But not for sites with many content files. It is far from practise,
to provide all content files twice as .html and also as .xhtml files.
You need a method, to serve the MIMEtype dynamically for *one single
document* depending on what the client accepts.
So how do you do that in a normal Apache configuration? I still wait
for a proposal, especially from you. :-)

Sierk
--
Sierk Bornemann
email:            sierkb@gmx.de