Re: Validator doesn't send HTTP_ACCEPT headers, "Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type" warning is incorrect.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Andries Louw Wolthuizen wrote:

> Your validator (http://validator.w3.org/check) doesn't send the
> HTTP_ACCEPT header with a request, so I (or my server) can't send a

This is plain wrong. Whether or not the server *can* send
with the user agent (browser or validator).

> http://www.andrieslouw.nl/v4/home.html

Your page has:

|           content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8" />

You cannot set the content-type with such a meta fake:
  http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.1
  http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.2

Please stay away from XHTML 1.1 - you do not understand it.

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author:Alan.J.Flavell