Improvements to SOAP warnings and fatal errors

From: Brian Wilson <bloo@blooberry.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:55:05 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

In the SOAP output, there are <m:messageid> elements detailing the error
codes from the parser, but for warnings and fatal errors this sort of
thing is not present. It seems that it would be useful to have something
like this (well...it would be for what I'm doing, but I think it could be
useful for others that want to store the class of the warning and not the
full text of the warning itself).

Currently in soap_warnings.tmpl, each warning has a section like:
<TMPL_IF NAME="W05">
  <m:warning><m:message>DOCTYPE Override in effect!</m:message></m:warning>
</TMPL_IF>

Would it be possible to have something like this instead?:
<TMPL_IF NAME="W05">
  <m:warning><m:message>DOCTYPE Override in effect!</m:message>
             <m:messageid>W05</m:messageid></m:warning>
</TMPL_IF>

I'm not sure (without some extensive digging) where the fatal error output
is defined, but perhaps something similar could be done for those as well.
I'm currently doing string matches against the <env:Reason>/<env:Text>
content when a <env:Fault>/m:exception is encountered, and that solution
doesn't seem very elegant.

thanks in advance for any advice
-Brian