Re: Error: end of document in prolog

From: Aaron Dalton <aaron@daltons.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:26:25 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org, Prilop2007@trashmail.net
Andreas Prilop wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Aaron Dalton wrote:

>> I've done some searching and I'm not seeing my error.
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> Do not use XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
>
> If you need "Transitional" (for old pages),
> then stick with HTML 4 Transitional.
>
> If you want XHTML 1.0 (for new pages),
> then write XHTML 1.0 Strict - but only if you understand it.
>
> XHTML 1.0 Transitional is a clueless-indicator. And it leads
> often to errors because people mix HTML and XHTML features.
>
> The real difference is not between HTML and XHTML -
> the real difference is between "Strict" and "Transitional".

Originally I was using Frameset, but because of the validator error, I
started messing with the headers.  Since I ended up not using frames, I
am indeed using strict.  Regardless of what DTD I use, the validator
still does not load anything and returns the same error.

Cheers!
--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@daltons.ca   |   http://superdupergames.org