From: Ville Skyttä
To: jmk
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: Charset+ISO-8859-1

On Sunday 22 July 2007, you wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.  Just minutes ago I found out the problem
> may be with my provider who has inserted something in front of my opening
> code!   Disgusting.
>
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~qvarizona/index.html

I don't know if that's the case, but at least the HTTP headers the server
sends for the URL above contain this:

If you don't have control over the server, the server admins should be able to
fix that, I suggest contacting them.

By the way, it would be nice if you kept the www-validator mailing list Cc'd
in replies or let them know that the problem has been found - knowing that
there's nothing wrong with the validator might save a bit of someone's time
who might be looking into this.