Re: checklink: Meaning of 401 "What to do" is unclear

On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> > My suggestion:
> >
> > [[ The link refers to a resource that requires authentication, such as a
> > password, in order to be accessed. Therefore, the link checker has not
> > checked it. ]]
>
> Thanks Jukka.
> This is a better wording than my suggestion, for the reasons you
> mention. Any second opinion, or suggestion to improve upon this?

Hmm... the above is indeed an improvement, but there's still room for some: it
no longer answers to the "What to do" question, and "Has not checked it" is
inaccurate/misleading; the link was checked, but the link checker wasn't
authorized to access the resource.