Re: Feedback

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:54:56 +0100
To: "D. Van Laanen" <dvl@hottingersignals.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:57:53 -0400
"D. Van Laanen" <dvl@hottingersignals.com> wrote:

> NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were
> checking.
>
> I checked my website
> www.HottingerSignals.com
> and rec'd 26 validation errors.
>
> My webmaster tells me:
> <<< Not something to lose sleep over, there are a lot of source code
> features that the validator has not accepted yet.>>>

That gibberish translates as "I don't understand HTML, but I can
still blind you with science because you don't either."
The errors support this translation quite strongly.

> Is this correct, or is she mistaken and operating behind the curve?

It seems to be optimised for the bugs in 1996-7 browsers.
That is to say, those running on MS Windows or emulating
Windows bugs too.  It relies on quite a lot of error-correction
in a browser.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/