Re: gb18030

Hi Glenn,

On Jul 10, 2007, at 04:21 , Glenn Freeman wrote:
> The below character code not being accepted ...
>
> http://validator-test.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftashilhunpo.org%
> 2Famber_alert_cs.htm&doctype=Inline
>
> .... yet gb18030 is listed below ...
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets

Good catch. I found that the server running the test validator was
missing some encoding packages, distributed separately because of
size concerns:
http://search.cpan.org/~dankogai/Encode-2.23/lib/Encode/
Supported.pod#CJK:_Chinese,_Japanese,_Korean_(Multibyte)

[[
Due to the size concerns, additional Chinese encodings below are
distributed separately on CPAN, under the name Encode::HanExtra.
Due to size concerns, additional Japanese encodings below are
distributed separately on CPAN, under the name Encode::JIS2K.
]]

After installing these extra packages, validation of your document
works.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention.

--
olivier