Re: [VE][64] Validator parses <.....> inside <script></script> need advise

From: Brett Bieber <brett.bieber@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:12:20 -0600
To: Jesper <struktor@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On 1/17/07, Jesper <struktor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thank you for the fast reply, I was aware of the  <![CDATA[/*> code as
> it is mentioned on W3's page here http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8 but
> this doesn't work, when I add it then the code is hidden from the page,
> and hence useless :)

You've understood the concept, but you aren't putting it together
within the context of a javascript.  You need to use javascript
comments to prevent a javascript parse error, because the CDATA
declarations are not valid javascript/ecmascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[

    // place your javascript/ecmascript here.

    //]]>
</script>

--
-Brett Bieber