Re: [VE][64] Validator parses <.....> inside <script></script> need advise

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 06:04:42AM +0100, Jesper wrote:
> I have without luck many a' times tried to resolve this problem with a
> little javascript snippet to add a page to bookmarks/favorites, I need some
> advise, the best answer for me is ofcourse the solution since I have
> already read tons of pages including http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#h-4.8
> without being able to find a workable solution

"An alternative is to use external script and style documents." is
mentioned at the URL referenced and is a reasonable solution.

There's always the hixie method though:
http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml (first mention under "specific
problems")

> The javascript: which is from dynamicdrive

FWIW, I'm yet to see any code from that site which I would be
comfortable using on a public website.

>   <script type="text/javascript">document.write(<a class='allw'
> href="javascript:bookmarksite('Jesper\'s Site
> [luvaduck.homelinux.org]','http://luvaduck.homelinux.org')"><span

... I know how to use the bookmark function in my browser. I suspect
that people who don't know how would have trouble using it to get back
the site.

>   <noscript><p class="xsyc">Javascript is disabled in your browser, Press
> CTRL+D to bookmark this site now!</p></noscript>

Why would activating the "Download File" function in my browser do
anything related to bookmarking?

(See previous comment regarding quality of code at dynamic drive)