Re: [VE][25] Validator Picks Out PHP Variables in Link URL

From: Damien Bonvillain <night.kame@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:31:08 +0800
To: pjm <pjm@nac.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

2007/2/21, pjm <xxx@nac.net>:
> Validating http://rhe.pehjota.com/
> Error [25]:  "general entity X not defined and no default entity"
>
> I tried to validate my page  for XHTML 1.0 Strict, but the validator picked out a PHP
> variable in  one of my links

You have to understand that the "PHP variables" in the links are not
related to PHP or any other server-side processing engines. Plus, on
the page you mention (http://rhe.pehjota.com/), the only URL
containing a query component (?x=y&a=b...) is the one for the web
counter service. Is this really the page you are trying to validate?

> and said the variable was undefined, possibly due to and "undefined entity  reference" or
> an "unencoded ampersand."

There should be a link to a help page in the text of the error message:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp

Is that help page useful for you?

Damien