Re: using tidy in Markup Validator

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:17:11 +0000
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

I like the idea (but not the idea of shewing "tidied"
code unless specifically requested), but -- not being
familiar with "libtidy" -- would be concerned if it
didn't have an option (ideally set as default) to
emulate the "style" of the page it was attempting
to tidy.  For example, if the user consistently
used upper-case tags and lower-case classnames,
it would be nice if the tidier did likewise.  I suspect
this may well be beyond its abilities, but I still
think it would be a valuable feature ...

Philip Taylor