Invalid html from validator

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:28:49 +1300
To: www-validator@w3.org

     I was pointed at a web document from the UK Open University which did
not validate. The URL is -

     The validator output for this contains such gems as -

class="input">If you<strong title="Position where error was
detected.">X</strong><re unsure about the </code></pre>

in which the 'X' character was the Unicode code point U+00C2.

     Notice after the strong element end tag the additionally '<' tag start

     I submit this is a validator error.

                                   Keith Hopper

Sky Development