Re: LogValidator and HTTP

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:48:16 -0500
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
CC: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> * HTTP is used to pass the resources being checked through a number of
> online checking tools, such as the Markup Validator and CSS validator.

The others I understand, and I was being half-facetious (neglected to
include the smiley). However I do wonder in general why HTTP access is
not a part of the standard Perl install these days, and also why the
validator is a remote service rather than a local part of the program.
That seems to be both slow and insecure. I expected the validation code
would have been part of the log validator, rather than delegated to a
W3C service.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!