Re: LogValidator on OS X

On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:41 , Karl Dubost wrote:

> t/module-css..........Can't locate WebService/Validator/CSS/W3C.pm
> in @INC
> t/module-htmlval......Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC

[snip]

in the CPAN shell, type the following

o conf prerequisites_policy follow
o conf commit

so that your CPAN system knows it has to follow dependencies and
install required modules.

Unfortunately there seems to be a mess around some of the modules
required by modules required by the logvalidator. Oh, joy.

One way to go at it is to make sure the prereqs are installed
properly, more or less by hand. It's a failure of the cpan system
here, that one has to do it this way, I'm afraid.

Notably, you could try installing

HTML::Tagset
then LWP::UserAgent
then XML::Parser
then SOAP::Lite
then WebService::Validator::CSS::W3C
... then W3C::LogValidator

Hopefully that should work (although, karl just told me on IRC that
XML::Parser seemed to ask for an expat install, too...)

Good luck, tell us how it goes.

--
olivier