Re: [VE][64] document type does not allow element "MAP" here.

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:02:20 +0300 (EEST)
To: Vivek shukla <vivek.shukla@monsoonconsulting.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Vivek shukla wrote:

> It is showing error in map but I think every thing is ok in code

It's not OK.

> Validating http://www.mewiq.com:8080/heartplays/
> Error [64]: "document type does not allow element X here"

The MAP elements appear after the last </tr> tag and before the </table>
tag. This is syntactically invalid. You need to move the elements inside a
TD element, which in turn needs to be inside a TR which is inside TABLE,
or move them outside the TABLE element, after the </table> tag.

Quite apart from this, using MAP elements with single AREA elements is
rather pointless and creates accessibility problems. Using just images as
links would create a similar user interface more naturally.