Page Validates But Mime Warning Continues

From: Tony Broome <tb777@samobile.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:26:02 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

This is what the validator shows when trying to validate:
http://www.tonybroome.com/index.html
This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.1!
Result:
Passed validation
File:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Web Pages\index.html
Encoding:
iso-8859-1
Doctype:
XHTML 1.1
Root Element:
html
Root Namespace:
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
Important Warnings
The validator has found the following problem(s) prior to validation,
which should be addressed in priority:
Warning Conflict between Mime Type and Document Type
The document is being served with the text/html Mime Type which is not
a registered media type for the XHTML 1.1 Document Type. The
recommended media type for this document is: application/xhtml+xml
But I have "application/xhtml+xml" in the header! I'm not working with
Apachy or any server; just have a ministry website and want it to be as
standards complient as possible. Is there anything I can do? A warning
unheeded; is not, needed!

Sincerely,

Tony Broome