Re: BIG letters.. Validation XHTML

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:57:55 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: BrownGhost <brownghost@gmail.com>

Hi,

On Aug 16, 2007, at 08:40 , BrownGhost wrote:
> I was trying to validate my doc, as XHTML.
>
> And I had:
>
> <LINK href="/style/css/gaestebog.css" type="text/css"
> rel="stylesheet" />
>
> And the page just keep telling me that there was no attribute
> called href
>
> Grrrr the hole reason was that the LINK was in big LETTERS.
>
> I changed it to: <link href="/style/css/gaestebog.css" type="text/
> css" rel="stylesheet" />
>
> And now all works fine
>
> I think you need to add in the help text when this brobel comes
> thet it can be that you have used big LETTERS.
I believe that in this case, the second (or third) error message
certainly said that the "LINK" element did not exist, and mentioned
that in XHTML element and attribute names were all lower case.

I agree it should come first. I will send a request for enhancement
to the group developing the parser responsible for those errors.

Thank you.
--
olivier