RE: question on the RDFa validation service...

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:41:37 +0200
To: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: "W3C RDFa task force" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, <www-validator@w3.org>

Niklas,

Same as to Ivan: You are talking about the new validator [1], right?

>xml:base doesn't seem to work either.
[...]
>I also miss an "XHTML plus RDFa" entry in the "Document Type" select
>of "More Options".
>Btw, should lang be allowed (along with xml:lang)? The validator
>doesn't support it for XHTML 1.1 (but for e.g. XHTML 1.0 Strict).
>In any event, it's great that this is deployed now; thanks!

So, to clarify this: It is NOT the RDFa TF that has 'anything'
to do with this validation service [1]. The QA WG develops and maintains
it [2]; now it seems they adopted Shanes's DTD [3].

All credits (and suggestions) should therefore go to 'www-validator@w3.org'
(I cc'ed them already in this mail).

Hope that helps, anyway - I'm also just a simple user of this, btw handy, service :)

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://validator.w3.org/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFaTC#Approval_2007-08-02