Re: Validator case-sensitive bug for CHARSET?

From: Andreas Prilop <Prilop2007@trashmail.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:59:36 +0200 (MEST)
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: Ernest Unrau <ejunrau@mts.net>

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Ernest Unrau wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:52:17 -0500

Please fix your clock!

> Sorry, I've probably used the wrong terminology.
> Perhaps I should have said "HTTP Header".

No, no. The HTTP header is the place to set the content-type
with the encoding (charset). And you were (correctly) talking
about a <meta> tag.

> I do not operate a server, so I know of no way to affect
> what is delivered in an http header. Or if there is a way,
> I don't know how to do it.

This is explained in detail at
 http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset
You can set the content-type as a "normal user".
You do not need to be the administrator of the server.