Re: Some of your links try to open Outlook

From: Drake Wilson <drake@begriffli.ch>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 04:07:02 -0500
To: Larry Robinson <midimagic@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 01:51:51AM -0700, Larry Robinson wrote:
> The links which are trying to open Outlook are not mailto links, but
> have html extensions. One is:

(Cc'ing to the list again.)

That would be a Usenet link, I expect; the ".html" at the end is not
a file extension but rather part of the newsgroup name.  I don't
remember Outlook handling newsgroups, though I know Outlook Express
does.

That's still a local configuration issue; if you don't like Outlook
Express as a news reader, configure a different one (possibly acquiring
it first, if you don't already have one).

   ---> Drake Wilson