Re: xmlns attributes...

olivier Thereaux wrote:

>> This is not really complete - I think I need to understand if there
>> are contexts where this option should NOT be enabled.  Currently, the
>> patch just enables it all the time.
>
> I modified your patch a little, enabling the filtering of xmlns:
> attributes only in XML mode (see [2]) but other than that it looks good.
>
> Note that it does not make the validator entirely namespace-friendly,
> notably, it does NOT solve the question of validating documents with
> elements from a foreign namespace. Such a change would involve
> ignoring  all elements declaring to be from a namespace unknown to the
> document type, and their children.
Well - currently if you are using XHTML M12N and define a markup
language that incorporates multiple namespaces, this just works.  In
otherwords, the xmlns attributes are declared and therefore known, and
the elements from those additional namespaces are incorporated in their
qualified forms into the content model.  Its magic.

>> I look forward to comments on this potential change to the validator.
>
> The patch is in CVS now [3], will be in next public beta of the
> validator.
Thanks!