Re: XHTML 1.1 as text/html

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:00:46 +0900
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org Community" <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>

Le 27 avr. 2007 à 21:07, Sierk Bornemann a écrit :
> Am 27.04.2007 um 01:39 schrieb Karl Dubost:
>
>> 2. So far sending XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml is wrong
>
> What do you mean with this sentence? I don't get it clearly.

need coffee and sleep
	text/html, I meant

>>    (Note btw, that once the validator sends accept header
>> application, the
>>     configuration mistake of Sierk would not be detected, which is
>> bad too)
>
> What do you mean with this sentence? I don't get it clearly.
> What kind of Accept Header precisely will Validator send?
> What does "once the validator sends accept header application"
> clearly means?
> Why wouldn't it be detected by my configuration either?

If you have configured to send
	XHTML 1.1 as text/html to IE. It is wrong
if the validator sees only the version you send with the appropriate
mime-type, then your case for IE stays undetected and you perpetuate
your mistake.

> Would you point each user out there to configure his browser/OS so,
> that Firefox will open, if he wants to surf a XHTML webpage, which
> is served with "appliocation/xhtml+xml"?
> I think, you wouldn't. Because that's far from being practical for
> public. If that is your intention, then XHTML 1.1 and all
> successors have no chance to be used public and they would never have.

I explained what I was doing.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***