Re: XHTML 1.1 as text/html

From: Sierk Bornemann <sierkb@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:48:19 +0200
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Andreas Prilop <AndreasPrilop2007@trashmail.net>

Am 27.04.2007 um 17:14 schrieb Andreas Prilop:

> IE 6 is known to ignore the Content-Type in most cases. So just name
> your files  *.html

99% of all files on my server just all *are* of .html, Andreas. :-)

> and IE 6 won't give a shit about your Content-Type.

If you say so, than it will be the truth, I guess. :-)
But I doubt, that you are right.

> Compare
> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/ruby-with-dir.xhtml
> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/ruby-with-dir.x.html

Nothing new to me, Andreas. The same mechanism as practised on

http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/misc/tux
and
http://sierkbornemann.de/pub/docs/pferdehintern_und_spaceshuttle

:-)

> is just clueless.

The given meta element is worthless for XHTML documents, who are
parsed with the XML parser of the browser, if served with
"application/xhtml+xml". As far as I know, it is even not *read* by
an XML parser. But it doesn't harm either, if parsed in XML mode.
I won't say, that that was a clueless decision, Andreas.

Andreas, any other things, you are able to contribute? Or do you just
want to bitch a little bit?

We tend to get a little OT here. Let's return to the validator's topics.

Sierk
--
Sierk Bornemann
email:            sierkb@gmx.de