Re: [ANN] Beta test of the W3C Markup Validator (0.8.0 beta 1)

Am 24.04.2007 um 17:37 schrieb Andreas Prilop:

> This is silly! Use mod_negotiation, not mod_rewrite,
> to deliver "text/html" or "application/xhtml+xml".
>  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/content-negotiation.html

Andreas,
I know about the technique of content negotiation, and I know the
apache document, you point me to.

> Example:
>  http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation

This webpage is served as "application/xhtml+xml" in Firefox.
How do you differ between a browser, which is XHTML-capable and one
which is not?
To let content-negotiation work -- don't you have to 2 versions of
the same document, like

http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.html and
another document
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/ruby-annotation.xhtml ?

If so, this is *not*, what I intent to do. For some single web
content or some test or example files like yours, this might a good
solution, but not for a whole website with a bunch of webpages.

Sierk

--
Sierk Bornemann
email:            sierkb@gmx.de