Re: [VE][63] Character data is not allowed here extended error message text

On Apr 17, 2007, at 03:18 , David Dorward wrote:
> olivier Thereaux wrote:
>> Would you like to give a go at drafting a merged version, or
>> should I?
>
> How does this look?

Looks good to me. Sent to CVS just now.

> I think we should keep an eye on this one and the work being
> produced by
> the new HTML working group. From the sounds of it, their new non-SGML,
> non-XML, non-"reuse any non-tag soup parser" plan will mean that this
> won't be an error in the text/html version of their new markup
> language,
> but that might change. For that matter, it might be worth thinking
> about
> the future of the Markup Validator with respect to their plans.

Indeed. I expect there will be dedicated parsers built to parse
html5, to which the markup validator can delegate. However I am
afraid this will mean that most of the work done through the years on
creating a library of error message explanations for DTD-based
parsing will not be available for html5 validation (or at a very high
cost).

--
olivier