SOAP output doesn't provide context for errors

From: Brett Bieber <brett.bieber@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:17:01 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to provide the context of the
error in the soap output format - similar to the way the html output
marks the errors.

At first I considered some post-processing within my api interface
library ( http://pear.php.net/package/Services_W3C_HTMLValidator/ )
when the result is an invalid page - but in my mind it makes some
sense that the validator returns the error context in the report if
possible.

The major problem I could see is providing valid XML output while
preserving the invalid code --- this might be somewhat tricky --- and
if the marked error is returned, there would need to be documented
decode procedures so the code with errors could be recovered.

Any thoughts on this? Is this feasible, and worth a feature request in bugzilla?

Thanks

--
-Brett Bieber

http:saltybeagle.com aim:ianswerq