Re: [VE][63] re: meta tag, keywords ....

The error originates in a preceeding line:

roofing system combining superior durability and chemical resistance,
specially formulated to remain permanently elastic with exceptionally
quick installation. />

The content-value is not terminated by a quote! This causes error
messages further down the page source code.

/olle

Beth Thompson at iamnow.net wrote:

> Webpage submitted for validation (css already validated).
> /http://v-lar.com/contact_d.html//
> /can't see anything that would trigger the errors ~~~
>
> /[quote]/
> Validating http://v-lar.com/contact_d.html
> //
> Error /Line 17 column 24/: an attribute value literal can occur in an
> attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter.|    <meta
> name="keywords*"* content="solvent-free seamless roofing">|
>
> Have you forgotten the "equal" sign marking the separation between the
> attribute and its declared value? Typical syntax is |attribute="value"|.
>
> /and, [quote]/
>
> /Line 17 column 26/: character data is not allowed here.
>
> |    <meta name="keywords" *c*ontent="solvent-free seamless roofing">|
>
> You have used character data somewhere it is not permitted to appear.
> Mistakes that can cause this error include putting text directly in
> the body of the document without wrapping it in a container element
> (such as a <p>aragraph</p>) or forgetting to quote an attribute value
> (where characters such as "%" and "/" are common, but cannot appear
> without surrounding quotes).
>
> The single webpage I am validating, for the moment, is:
>
> /
> /http://v-lar.com/contact_d.html/
> /
>
> <title>V Lar Leak Free Roofing Technology</title>
> roofing system combining superior durability and chemical resistance,
> specially formulated to remain permanently elastic with exceptionally
> quick installation. />
> (www.v-lar.com)" >
> Roofing Technology. All Rights Reserved.">
>
> /
> /
> (the css for this page has been validated....)
> http://v-lar.com/css/style_strict.css
>
> Thank you for your time ....
>        Beth

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
	[Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden