Re: Problem with validator

From: David Håsäther <hasather@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 00:07:08 +0200
To: "Jasper Magick" <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Jasper Magick wrote:

> It says there is an </p> on line 200 that was never open

[...]

> 	<fieldset style="width:300px">

[...]

> 	</fieldset>

> As you can see, there is an open <p> that it goes along with.

The end tag for the P element is implied when the parser reaches the start
tag for the FIELDSET element. So, no, there is no accompanying start tag.

> I think this is an error on the validators part.

Many people, for some reason, think that the validator is broken when
their document doesn't pass validation. This is most often wrong.

--
David Håsäther