Browser-defined Links

From: Woody Brown <y.woodmanbrown@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

  I have a w3c document: Proposed Relationship Values.
  http://www.w3.org/TR/relations.html

  This document addressed <link> tag rel/rev values.

  There is a rel/rev category called: Browser-defined Links.

  These link rel values are: home, back & forward.

  Here is the key sentence: Since these browser actions are internally implemented by the browser, REL/REV keywords associated with these relationships are disallowed.

  The Markup Validator doesn't catch this.
  Documents containing Home, Back & Forward 'rel' or 'rev' links validate.

  So...if this is an oversight, I suggest scripting a bit into the validator code which catches this.  I have a feeling, however, that it's not like you aren't already aware of this fact.  If this is the case, then I'd like to know why you've elected not to script this rel/rev criteria into the markup validator.

  Thank you very much,

  Y. Woodman Brown

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.