Re: "Add subject line here"

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:47:29 +0900
Cc: www-validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the late reply, I got busy before properly closing this
question.

On Aug 22, 2006, at 18:29 , Nick Kew wrote:

> How about changing the default from "Error Message Feedback"
> (which probably makes sense to a user who doesn't see a
> steady stream of them) to something like "Add subject line here"?
> That might motivate a few more users to set something
> meaningful, and leave those who keep the default thinking
> they should do better next time?

I think most people, however smart, just don't care about email
subjects when sending mails. Just look at how many messages we
receive about checklink that have "checklink: " as a subject... So I
suppose your suggestion to make it really really ridiculously obvious
that the subject needs to be changed is worth giving a try.

Thanks for your ideas
--
olivier