Re: [VE][64] Error Message Feedback

Eureka! Well, sort of. I AM just an amateur after all.

Your reference to the fine W3 document yielded no useful clues to me
about the "nesting" problem.

However, the Hixie page told the story ... that XML can't perform the
functionality of a simple Javascript "document.write" without involving
another whole layer of complication ... sounds like another Microsoft
foobar to me but W3 enthusiasts assure me that Microsoft was not
involved!  ;-)

And I shall follow Mr. Hickson's excellent advice and go back to nice,
simple HTML coding ... my preference is KISS anyhow and this XML stuff
seems pretty counter-intuitive and counter-productive. Which probably
explains why it has been shoved down the throat of corporate America in
a big way. Say, wouldn't that require a monopoly?  ;-)

But I ramble ... thanks for the feedback, David, and have a great day!

cheers
jim