Error count difference

From: Martin Côté <martincote13@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:54:20 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm developing a script that uses the XML output of the validator to
automatically check pages. Everything is working great except the
error count.For example if I check this site www.boagworld.com with
the XML output it gives me 22 errors but if I use the regular HTML
output it only has 11 errors. The rest are "info" and "warnings". Is
there a way to get the right number from the XML output or should I
parse the HTML to get the correct number.

Thank you