Re: Question regarding HTML validation

From: Christoph Schneegans <Christoph@Schneegans.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:17:54 GMT
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

David Dorward wrote:

> The only bug I've seen in the Markup Validator Service (with real
> world XHTML data) hits when attributes are not seperated with spaces
> (e.g. foo="foo"baz="baz").

There are much more so-called "limitations", see
<http://esw.w3.org/topic/MarkupValidator/XML_Limitations>. In fact,
the W3C Validator is totally useless for XHTML documents.

> This is documented (IIRC there is a link from the XHTML validation
> results page).

No. There's a link to <http://openjade.sourceforge.net/doc/xml.htm>.
Of course, you need to be an SGML expert to decipher that language.

--
<http://schneegans.de/sv/> - XML Schema Validator                    |
<http://schneegans.de/xp/> - XHTML Proxy                             |