Re: XTHML 1.0 Strict validation of noscript

From: Rui del-Negro <rmn@dvd-hq.info>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:46:07 +0100
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

>>> The real reason is that you have <noscript> inside a <p> element.
>>> That's not allowed.
>> But a <script> is?
> Yes.
>> Considering that in 99% of cases a <noscript> will be used to provide an
>> alternative to the output of a <script>, why allow one and not the
>> other?
> Beats me. But that's _not_ a validator issue.

Yes, as I mentioned in the previous message, I understood that, I was just
wondering if you knew the reasons behind the different treatment in the

By the way, I've noticed that in XHTML 1.1 <noscript> seems to have been

I tried simply changing the doctype of these pages to 1.1 and the
validator doesn't complain about the <noscript> being there (and
everything else validates, and the page looks fine).