Re: [VE][325] Error Message Feedback

Neal Murphy wrote:
>>> However, i think it would be better if the validator "ignores"
>>> "&"-characters in URLs at all.
>> Why? Just becuase lots of people make an error, and that most user
>> agents can recover from it, doesn't mean that the documents shouldn't
>> be fixed (and fixing it /is/ trivial).
>
> Why does the use of plain & in URLs need to be fixed? <snip>
>
> Neal Murphy

This falls into the catagory(sp) of why do we use spell checkers?
'Everyone should be able to understand what is meant.'  The argument "If
Microsoft can understand my HTML why can't you?" comes up very month or
so.  The thread always seems to end with 'Why don't you do it my way? I
no(sp) what I meant!'

Supporting the argument that you should never give users software:  Why
do those who have trouble writing valid HTML know how to design a better
parser?

Lou