Re: valid-html40.gif won't show on my page

> Louise Phillips wrote:
>
> If you go to http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/test.htm
> the image has been placed in the left hand column, beneath
> the product menu and credit card icons (direcly after the
> credit card icons)... but it doesn't show on the browser screen,

The page seems to load fine in Opera 9 (the W3 icon is displayed), but I
get the following errors reported:

JavaScript - http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/test.htm
Inline script compilation
Syntax error while loading: line 1 of linked script at
http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/preload.js :
on.gif','acatalog/contact-email2.gif')"  BGCOLOR="#ffffff" L

CSS - http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/
HTML style attribute
Declaration syntax error
Line 1:
   background:acatalog/pixel-royal.gif

CSS - http://www.plumbingsupplyservices.co.uk/
HTML style attribute
Unexpected end of file
Line 1:
   background:acatalog/pixel-royal.gif

The JavaScript file has two errors: First, it includes HTTP properties in
a place that should only have JavaScript code. And second it has a
misplaced double-quote character in the middle of it. As to the CSS, if
you want to specify a background you should declare it like this:

background: url('filename.ext');

Fix those errors and the page will probably render fine everywhere.

RMN
~~~