Re: php-files

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:08:55 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Ralph Ursprung <ralph.ursprung@gmail.com>

Hello Ralph,

On Nov 11, 2006, at 22:44 , Ralph Ursprung wrote:
> I tryed to check a .php file with upload. The validator sayed me,
> that he doesn't understand .php files.
> Is it posible to check .php files otherwise?

The markup validator only checks markup (HTML etc), its job is not to
check the source code of scripts that will eventually generate
markup. (be it php, python, perl, java, ruby, whatever...)

Run your scripts through a php interpreter first, save output as
HTML, then you should be able to feed that to the validator.

Hope this helps,
--
olivier