Re: xhtml frameset validation error

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 00:09:23 +0000
To: Jonathan Denni <jonsdenni@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 09:43:08PM -0800, Jonathan Denni wrote:

>    when inputting this code the validator seems to error. This code
>    validates with both xhtml strict, and xhtml transitional
>    doctypes, but when using the Frameset doctype, it returns an
>    error message stating that the <body> tag is not allowed here,
>    and that the end tag </html> is not finished.  I'm quite sure
>    this is valid markup

Did you check the DTD?

<!ELEMENT html (head, frameset)>

i.e. The html element must contain exactly one head element and
exactly one frameset element (in that order).

Your code was missing the required frameset element and had a body
element instead.

Nothing wrong with the validator in this instance.