Re: Dot Dot Slash notation checked by Link Checker

From: Jeffrey Chandler <jeffrey.chandler@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:48:43 -0400
To: "Philip Semanchuk" <philip@semanchuk.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Phillip,

You described my situation exactly.  The webpage is up one directory,
but the img directory is back down one directory.  So the website is
listed at http://myhost.com/dir1/index.html, but the images for the
site are back down one level at http://myhost.com/img/image.jpg, so
instead of using the full path to the image, the code in
dir1/index.html accesses the images by going back one level and up to
the img/ directory "../img".

Is there a way for the validator to ignore this type of entry.  The
reason I ask is because it takes up a large portion of the report for
our site even though it is simply a warning, and not a truly "broken"
link.

y Thanks,

Jeff